Last Modified: May 6, 2019
We value our relationship with you and take your privacy seriously. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to identify how we may process, collect, store, disclose, share and use (collectively, “use”) your Personal Information that we collect from you or from others in connection with your use of our websites (including Nutritionforest.com and NutritionForest.com, collectively, the “Websites”) or purchase of products, webinars, content or other services from us (collectively, our “Services”). This Privacy Notice also identifies your rights with respect to your Personal Information, all as described in more detail below.
We may update this Privacy Notice at any time, by posting the amended version on the Websites including the effective date of the updated version. We will announce any material changes to this Privacy Notice through an alert on our Websites and/or via email. We may also provide other privacy notices on specific occasions when we are using your Personal Information in ways that differ from what we have described here, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information and what your rights are with respect to such use.
For jurisdiction-specific rights, click here for additional terms and protections.
If you are a California resident, please click here for additional terms and protections.
This Privacy Notice contains the following information, which you can access by scrolling down:
- The Personal Information we collect about you
- How we may use Personal Information about you
- Who we may share your Personal Information with
- How we safeguard your Personal Information
- How long we store your Personal Information
- Your rights and options regarding your Personal Information
- Transfer of data; special notice to non-U.S. users
- Our policy on children’s information
- Links to other websites and services
- How to contact us with questions about our use of your personal information
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. We do not consider personal information to include information that can no longer be used to identify a specific natural person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
We collect information from you both when you provide it voluntarily and also automatically when you use our Services. We may also collect personal information from other sources, as described below.
- E-commerce service providers
- Email, chat and other communications service providers
- Customer service providers
- Data analytics service providers
- Advertising providers
- Social media platforms
For more information about the types of your Personal Information we may use, see the detailed descriptions below.
We may use the following categories of Personal Information in connection with your use of our Services:
- Personal contact details, such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses
- Date of birth
- Social media account information
- Account preferences
- Financial information, such as credit card numbers
- Location information
- Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, order ID, and unique device token
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history, and your web log information
We never request or require you to provide any of the following special categories of data, but through our chat services and customer services interactions, we know that sometimes customers and users of the Services choose on their own to share the following kinds of Personal Information with us:
- Information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political opinions
- Information about your health, including any medical conditions, diagnoses and/or injuries
Again, we will never request or require this type of information! But if you decide to share it with us, our business partners who provide tools to support our chat and customer service interactions generally maintain a copy of transcripts and recordings for all customer service transactions, but we do not use or disclose it for any purposes other than resolving or analyzing complaints, suggestions or issues brought to our attention by you.
Cookies may be either persistent or temporary (or session) cookies. A persistent cookie retains user preferences for a particular website allowing those preferences to be used in future browsing sessions and remains valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A temporary cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Pixels, Beacons. We or third party ad servers may use invisible pixels or beacons on the Services to count how many users visit certain pages or content. This information is collected and reported in the aggregate. We may use this information to improve our marketing programs and content, and to target advertisements to you.
Other Non-Personal Information. In addition to Personal Information you choose to provide us or that is automatically collected by us and our third-party service providers when you use the Services, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies to automatically collect certain usage information whenever you visit or interact with the Services. This information may include browser type, operating system, the page served, the time, the source of the request, the preceding page view, and other similar information (collectively, “Usage Information”).
We will only use your Personal Information for the purposes identified below, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose described here. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
A. In connection with our provision of Services to you, which may include the following:
- Managing and fulfilling your orders
- Providing webinars
- Providing programs and courses
- Payment processing and account management
- Providing customer support and responding to your questions or comments
- Operating and improving our Services
- Managing your rewards account
B. For us to comply with our legal obligations, including assessing compliance with our regulatory requirements (e.g., using customer order information in the aggregate, including revenues generated in connection with our regulatory tax requirements).
C. For our other legitimate interests to make available and highlight content and opportunities that are relevant to you, improve our Services, maintain our relationship with you, and protect users of our Services and customers, where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh these interests. We both benefit when we use your information to:
- Improve our Services, for example by reviewing information associated with stalled or crashed pages experienced by users allowing us to identify and fix problems and give you a better experience
- Offer new features, programs and opportunities
- Decide which ads to show you by only showing you those that “match” your past viewing, browsing and shopping activity. Many advertising services collect and use data from your web and mobile app activity both on and off the Services to help show you ads that are more targeted to your interests
- Contact you via email or postal mail in order to offer you coupons, discounts and special promotions, poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires and inform you about our Services, as authorized by applicable law
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
- Measure the performance of our email marketing campaigns (e.g. by analyzing open and click rates)
- Contact you regarding your account or an order, to troubleshoot problems with your account or an order, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service
- Monitor and improve the information security of our websites
- Keep our Services safe, secure and operational
- Prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- Customize content that includes items and services that you may like in response to actions that you take
- Provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
- Conduct analytics on who is using the Services and what they are doing. For example, by reviewing how often people read certain content, we can learn and understand which content is most valuable and helpful to you and others
- Use your geo-location to provide location based services
D. With your consent, we may use your Personal Information to:
- Provide you with marketing via telephone calls, email, SMS or text
- Provide you with marketing from third parties
E. We may also use your personal information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests).
- Where it is needed in the public interest.
A. Cookies and Tracking Technologies.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use our Services and other websites, apps or online services, based on information relating to your access and use of our Services and other websites, apps and services on any of your devices, as well as information received from third parties. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags). They may also use these technologies, along with information they collect about your online use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile phone and a laptop.
B. Do Not Track Signals. At this time, we do not respond to browser ‘do not track’ signals, as there are not yet standards for how such signals should be interpreted. Third parties, including our service providers, may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites, including when you visit our website.
C. Usage Information. We may use Usage Information for a variety of purposes, including to enhance or otherwise improve the Services. When analyzed, Usage Information helps us determine how our Services are used, such as what types of visitors arrive at the Services, what type of content is most popular, what type of content you may find most relevant and what type of visitors are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising. We may associate your Usage Information with the Personal Information you provide, but we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
We share non-Personal Information with third parties at our discretion. In connection with our services, we may share your Personal Information with the following types of recipients:
A. Our service providers, who we engage to help us run our business and perform the Services, including:
- Software and service providers we use to manage and process your information (e.g., payment processing software providers)
- Software and service providers we use to communicate with you (e.g., e-mail marketing service providers)
- Advertising service providers we use to assist us in providing personalized advertising
- Hosting providers that provide database storage for our business
- Shipping providers for purposes of shipping products you have ordered
B. Internally, among different departments and with our investors and trusted advisors
- Using the unsubscribe function in the email you receive from us; or
- Contacting us as set forth under “How to contact us” below
In addition, depending on where you live*, you may have the following rights with respect to your data under certain circumstances:
- The right to request access to your Personal Information and the following information regarding our use of your Personal Information:
- The purposes of such collection or use
- The categories of your Personal Information that we have
- Categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your Personal Information
- The right to request us to correct any inaccurate Personal Information concerning you.
- The right to request us to erase your Personal Information when we no longer need such data in connection with our services or, with respect to “special categories” of Personal Information, if you withdraw consent to our use of such information.
- The right to withdraw consent to our use of “special categories” of Personal Information.
- The right to request us to restrict our use of your Personal Information (e.g., suspend our use of your Personal Information).
- The right to object to our use of your Personal Information where we are not using it to perform Services you have requested from us.
- The right to receive a copy of your Personal Information.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the supervising authority of your country.
If you are a resident of a jurisdiction where one or more of these rights are granted to you under applicable law, and you wish to exercise any such rights listed above, please contact us by either:
- The browser you use lets you control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Your mobile device lets you choose how and whether your location, advertising identifiers and other data is shared with us.
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction. If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Information, to the United States and process it there. Your consent to this Privacy Notice followed by your submission of such information represents your agreement to such transfer.